User experience (UX) led the digital landscape transformation over the years. Design thinking evolved even as brands realized that websites and apps needed to be intuitive, easy to navigate and beautiful. While videos started out as a component of UX, they have now taken centre stage as far as creating a holistic viewer experience (VX) is concerned. In fact, VX is the new UX
Learning’s from User Experience Across All Channels
User experience (UX) refers to end-users’ digital experiences across products. It deals with consumers’ interactions with products and their experiences through this process. The experience the user has with each of these channels shapes their overall UX with the brand or company. Failure of UX in any channel has a negative impact on the overall user experience. Despite the focus on UX, a study finds that 72% out of 700 million websites fail to engage users consistently or in driving conversions. Three out of four apps are not used after the initial download.
Why Viewer Experience is Must
The transition to ‘VX’ from “UX’ has already happened. The quality of VX is deemed to be the most crucial factor that determines viewer engagement. VX is not about creating a single isolated video or explainer video on top of the website, but about creating a visual framework that includes multiple media assets all of which fit into the positioning of the brand. Optimal viewer experience is lined to engagement levels, recall and retention, conversion rates, ROI, lead generation and brand loyalty.The compelling power of videos is a major reason why the value of VX is phenomenally growing. People love watching moving images and interactive content much more than any other media. A staggering statistic is that by 2021, videos will comprise 80% of the total web traffic.
Interactive Video: Powerful Statistics
The future of interactive video marketing is already here. These trends for 2019 prove the dominance of interactive videos as marketing tools:
- There is a 100% increase in mobile video consumption every year.
- On YouTube, viewers watch more than one billion hours’ worth of video content every day, while on Facebook, video views per day are more than 8 billion. About 35 videos have had more than 2 billion views as of July 2019.
- 93% of businesses gained a new customer on social media as a result of an interactive video.
- 90% of consumers make a purchase decision after watching product videos.
- Interactive videos boost viewing time with 88% more time spent on a website with an engaging video.